The image you see on this site has a watermark overlay on the image and text added to help limit the unauthorized use of Victoria's work. Thanks for your understanding.
Poetry In Motion
Red-Tailed Tropicbirds – Hawaiian name: Koa`e-`ula
These Red-Tailed Tropicbirds gracefully dance on trade winds above warm aqua waters.
During breeding season (March to October), you may see their dance in the sky. While courting, the adults circle one another repeatedly in a backward dance motion.
Red-Tailed Tropicbirds’ length, including tail feathers, range from 36” to 42” with a wing span of 44”. They are plunge divers, feeding on fish and squid. Adults are white with the exception of black feathers above and around most of their eye, giving them a exotic look along with their red beak and two long red central tail feathers.
© 2003 Victoria McCormick
- 8x10 Faux Matted print. $28.
- 11x14 Faux matted print. $38.
- 8x12 Mini Canvas Gallery Wrap. $185.
- 11x18 Watercolor print in a 18x24 presentation Mat. $195.
- 20x30 Canvas or Watercolor Print $1,284.
Prints of this photograph can be purchased by clicking below!
Other print options
Canvas and Watercolor Prints available in custom sizes - See ordering page for more information.
- Metal Prints also available - See ordering page for more information.